View Single Post
Old 17th January 2022, 09:23   #24
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Yes it is a Category N write off. The payout I wasn't enough to cover all the work sadly, not helped that I decided to do additional work while I had the chance.
The passengers front wing was unaffected by the accident but I still chose to have it blasted & repainted as rust was showing in places.
New intercooler was fitted as the fins on mine were disintegrating, one alloy refurbed (still need to get another one done, although ideally I would get all 3 done but cost will be an issue), I also replaced the spacesaver with a full size wheel plus a new tyre.
The additional costs of a new battery, both front springs & an MOT were not welcome, I can tell you that!!
When the insurer paid out, they didn't tell me I'd only have a week with the courtesy car, so I was somewhat surprised when Enterprise phoned me when the week was up asking for me to return it!! Fortunately I have been able to get lifts into work

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote