View Single Post
Old 17th January 2022, 07:55   #22
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Good morning All,

my saga is nearly at an end, but not without further twists & turns. The bodyshop finished the panels Dec 23rd, however, I was unable to collect as I was at work. I then had to wait until Jan 4th for them to reopen to collect the parts. All back together by the evening of the 5th only to find I needed a new battery.... then to find my MOT had run out too
Before I could have the MOT I needed to have the exhaust replaced as the welds to the hangers on the back box were broken & leaking. I did have this booked back in November, unfortunately due to the accident I wasn't able to attend.
So, on Friday 14th I visited Powerflow @ Risby & had a S/S backbox, plus a new flexi joint as mine was disintegrating, made up & fitted. Followed by an MOT at my local ATS, which it promptly failed as both front springs have snapped. What is really frustrating is that these springs were only fitted about 2 1/2 years ago.

I'm now back at work for the week so I am unlikely to be able to get the springs replaced until next week, unless I am able to book a days holiday anyway.

To say I am frustrated is an understatement, but at least there is now an end in sight. I do hate not having a car & having to ask for lifts to work. Oh, well. Worse things happen at sea...

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote