View Single Post
Old 19th August 2019, 23:27   #8
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hello Rod,

I see from an earlier post of yours that on 5th July you had the coolant changed by Horner's of Manchester. I bet you have an air lock because they didn't follow the specific MGR filling/bleeding procedure for the KV6. We've come across this before.

Simon
I reckon there is an outside possibility that a former MGR garage, now Xpart, may employ MGR trained mechanics that have actual experience of working on MGR products, using MGR procedures.

Or even more remote, you may find that you are not the only person in the entire universe to know how to drain and refill the cooling system on a V6 75 or ZT.

Your utter contempt for anyone who works within the bounds of the motor trade is absolutely astounding Simon

In answer to the OP's question, if your car is consuming water in the sort of quantities you describe, then there is either a major external leak, or the jacket water is being consumed internally.

As as you are not experiencing cross contamination of jacket water and lube oil, are there any signs of steam emission from the exhaust?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote