Thread: psacan.eu
View Single Post
Old 21st December 2015, 10:54   #7
pscan.eu
Regular poster

Peugeot 604/Jag X350

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Lawrence View Post
What do you have in "extra functions" on the ABS5.7 ? I am thinking about the operating of the pump for bleeding purposes.
Currently it will only read codes, reset codes and read the wheel speed sensors. Now that we have a T4 we can probably offer the "operating of the pump" feature in the future but this will take some time.

Quote:
Also does this device definitelt work with pre-obd II diesels like my 2001CDT?
Yes it does. In fact all of the ECUs are supported using dealer level protocols rather than just EOBD. Even on the EOBD compliant cars (petrol or diesel) our tool will give greater functionality than an EOBD tool. The only exception to this is the V8 ECU which we haven't done yet.

Quote:
Also are you planning anything to make it work from a tablet such as Ipad?
It already works on Windows tablets such as my Linx 10, though not on Windows RT. I am willing to look at Android as it is supported in the programming language which I use, and there are some Android tablets in the house to test with. I am afraid that the Ipad/Iphone are unlikely to be supported. In order to write IOS code I would have to buy the following
An OSX laptop
An Apple developer license
An ipad and iphone to test on

This would be an expensive outlay and I would have to totally recode pscan.eu again from the beginning, so it isn't likely to happen.

pscan.eu works well on ancient laptops running XP or Lubuntu which you can pick up for £30 on ebay. If you want a solid state machine I have used it on an EEEPC 701 running Debian / XFCE for example.
pscan.eu is offline   Reply With Quote