View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2018, 10:37   #1
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Default The complimentary indoor swimmingpool, advise?

After many years, my Rover has decided to join the club of those of us with an indoor swimming pool in the footwell.
All was bone dry this morning, but after the weekly wash there was a bit of water in the drivers footwell (LHD).

Although a bit of water can be nice with this warm weather, I really prefer the interior to remain dry.
I know I can find a lot if I take the interior out, but as the Rover is used daily I don't really have the luxury of having time to strips the interior.

So, would anybody know the best places the start looking? Maybe I can already inspect parts from the outside? Or parts without taking out too much of the carpet/interior?

To give you a headstart, the plenums are clean, open en dry. I don't have a sunroof and all the grommets I could find in the "bulkhead"(?? Is that the right name?) are looking fine without damage.

Although the car gets washed weekly, and it is used daily. I've never had any water in the footwells only in the boot (but that's fixed).
The only area that is wet is the LHD drivers footwell, all other area's seem to be dry.

I noticed it because the carpet next to the black triangle you can rest your foot on while driving (my dad calls it the 4th pedal) had a slight discoloration on the edge, the type you get when the carpet is wet. the rest is not wet on the top yet, but if you press it, you can hear to the noise you get when squeezing a wet sponge.