View Single Post
Old 19th May 2007, 08:02   #12
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGOracle View Post
Similar problem to last time, went to start her last night and she just cranked and cranked and cranked. Eventually started and when I got home last night, turned her off and back on and she started immediately.

This morning, nothing, cranks, cranks, cranks but won't catch.

This time however, its not the same. Easy Start is useless. Squirt it on and she catches then immediately dies.

Please help!
Did the problems start after the recent rain? Are you certain water could not have accumualted in the plen chamber, even just for a few hours whilst slowly draining away (is the pollen filter wet?)?
The glow plug relay code is possible indicative of a prevously waterlogged glow plug ecu, which is also in the plenum chamber.

My guess is that all the codes are due to a voltage problem, either an excessive output from the alternator (recently there was a thread where the alternator was pumping out 16v and causing all sorts of problems) or a bad connection somewhere. or water damaged ecu. Any spikes or sudden drops will affect several sensors at once and that will generate multiple codes.

Check the battery terminals, chassis ground connections ands signs of any chafing in the wiring loom inc the Synergy wiring. (I melted mine when playing with the egr bypass pipe and it lay over the egr supply tube), ideally inspect the ecu for water ingress.

Easy Start should not cause any codes, if the cam sensor was faulty, the engine wouldn't keep running anyway.

Ron