View Single Post
Old 6th August 2016, 09:44   #1
KISSY
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Unhappy Car not starting....any suggestions? Help? High Wycombe area...

Hi all

Frustrated doesn't come close at the moment!!!....

Two weeks ago I put petrol in my diesel car - bad move I know. Called Fuel Fixers and they cleaned it up and it drove fine afterwards.

Took it for it's MOT on Wednesday - failed and had the following work done to get it through:

*. Parking brake efficiency below requirements and no travel;
*. brake pipe excessively corroded rear (x2 either side of fuel tank)
*. anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover excessively deteriorated so that it no longer prevents the ingress of dirt front (x2 links);
*. suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated resulting in excessive movement front lower (x2 arms rear bush)

As an aside...on Monday, the car wouldn't start - called the AA who checked the battery and said all was OK - and the car started for them first time!!

So, having got the car back yesterday with a brand new MOT, I was feeling pretty happy (although poor!!). So, imagine how I felt this morning when the car WOULD NOT start again!! I've left it a couple of hours and tried again - sounds healthy enough BUT just doesn't fire up.

I had asked the mechanic to check both fuel pumps and he confirmed that they were working and he'd not had a problem with it not starting.

I'm leaving the car with my daughter who has to rely on it for work and ferrying around her young son.

I really feel this car needs someone who KNOWS about Rovers to take a look at it. It's hard for my daughter to travel off here there and everywhere with her son so I was wondering if there was ANYONE who might be close to the High Wycombe area who would be prepared to come and take a look? Maybe even this weekend as she's fretting about it being reliable for her next week...

PS: Hubby and I live in Spain so I'm not here that frequently. I'm leaving today having THOUGHT I had got the car sorted out for her.
KISSY is offline   Reply With Quote