View Single Post
Old 10th April 2021, 18:21   #44
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Do we have to be subjected to constant 24/7 coverage of Prince Philip’s passing by the BBC.? I respect the fact that a very public figure and senior royal has died, and it’s a tragic loss for the family, but it doesn’t need constant blanket coverage on all BBC channels for the next week. We had all day yesterday of them covering his life which was interesting in parts, but at the end of it all he was a very old man who had come to the natural end of his life. What more do we need to know? Philip himself had stated he didn’t want a fuss. Just to add, I am not anti royal at all, I like the Queen and PP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I am with you on this Rich, its very sad and I feel sorry for Liz but he did not want a fuss and we have had a constant stream of how amazing he was on all the channels for the last 24 hours, why do the BBC need to put the same program on both 1 and 2?
You are not alone, the BBC had had to put a dedicated complaint form on its website. It was well over the top, by all means dedicate one channel but BBC1 & 2, BBC news, even BBC Alba and BBC 4 was suspended, even BBC radio was playing "reflective" music all day.

T4 Location Map