View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2019, 10:30   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikwgraver View Post
Good morning!

I thougt I'd by an MGF not too far in the forseeable future. The 1.8 120 bhp is quite reasonably priced here in Sweden, while the 1.8 VVT is a bit expensive compared to other cars.

The first thing I would do after getting one, would be to leave the car with a skilled mechanic I know, for the ultimate head gasket replacement. The kit is available, as most of you will know, at dmgrs.co.uk. This means not only replacing the head gasket, but installing new cam bolts and oil rails as well. I've already done this with a Rover 75 1.8T, it worked brilliantly.

So, the question is:

While he's at it, I thought he could might as well enhance the performance of the engine. How about upgrading it to a VVT, is it possible and how is it done? Getting VVT cam shafts and inlet manifold pherhaps?

I also wonder if there are anything else that can be done. Once the top is of, what about porting it? There are probably several induction kits available on the market as well. Or why not go wild and crazy and swap the engine to a 1.8 turbo, if it will fit!

What are your thought on this, and are there anything else than can be done?

Thoughts and suggestions are highly appreciated!

Yours sincerely,
Erik Graver
The Turbo 1.8t will fit but you need to modify the petrol tank to accommodate the turbo.

Contact MJSAUTOANDMARINE.CO.UK as they have done quite a few turbo conversions. They currently are building a TF with a MG 6 N series engine with a Turbo conversion.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote