View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2012, 00:05   #20
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reworht View Post
Superb as usual John - I do like Windermere and Bowness - the problem is so do thousands of other people on a nice day
I don't know whether they still offer it, but you used to be able to get a sort of 'roamer' ticket on the pleasure boats - go anywhere you want for the day, get off, get back on, do what you want. We spent, with friends, virtually a full Saturday - down to Lakeside and a trip on the railway - back up to Ambleside and get off for a visit to the garden centre - loads of food and drink to buy on the boat - a really relaxing day

I'm running out of photos to compete now - I'll have to get out and take some more - how do you fancy a few shots of a half-built offshore wind farm in the Tees Bay
Not sure about the ticket situation regarding all day travel Rod,I know they do a joint ticket in the motor museum,which covers entry to the museum,return travel on the railway & lake steamers,I would presume they do it vise-versa,meaning you should be able to travel on the steamer first,as they have a shuttle bus to the museum from Haverthwaite station,should your car be parked at Ambleside or Bowness.

Yeh! post away Rod,I like pics on any subject really,I'm just rekindling my love of photography,now I'm retired officially,can't wait for some better weather now,then hopefully we can compete lol,mind you I'm no expert in any shape or form,so you have no great competition in me I'm afraid,Keep up the good work Rod,always look forward to you posting.

Best Regards.

John.