View Single Post
Old 16th April 2022, 00:53   #27
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogweed View Post
Now you see, here’s a perfect example of what I’m saying. It’s just been with the mechanic to diagnose my problem (cable bust as expected), and he moved the driver’s seat forward a bit as he’s smaller than me.

So now, of course, the ******* airbag light is on again.

This time it’s “401 – Airbag-ECU – configuration error”.

Never seen that one before. But you see my point – every time I go near the car, it seems there’s another issue.
Sure you are aware this is a well reported issue - lots of threads on here. I like to keep everything as OEM as possible on my cars so an easy, cheap and as far as I can tell permanent fix (if the original plugs are still fitted under your seats). There is an MG Rover Group Technical Bulletin covering this (TB0133 dated 27/08/2004 - you can find theses TB's on the internet) but all it needs is a slight re-routing of the cable and a couple of cable ties to sort it (easiest done with the seats removed). Whilst your at it clean the plug/socket pins with contact cleaner and stiff bristle brush and finish with a little dab of contact grease on each pin before re-assembly/connection. Finally (and this isn't in the Tech Bulletin) tightly strap another small cable tie around the assembled socket/plug bodies so they are firmly kept in full contact. This method will allow you to adjust your seats to hearts content and ensure that pesky air bag light doesn't come on again - unless it's a proper fault!

Last edited by rab60bit; 16th April 2022 at 01:04..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote