View Single Post
Old 13th July 2019, 22:33   #147444
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
For the outer drum to split I would think it might have left the factory with an imperfection or maybe it has come into hard contact with something as a result of overloading or unbalanced loading at sometime. If any prior repair work has been done it is also possible that it might have been damaged in the process. What I would do Phil is to look online to see if the model has any history of this happening, more so if the drum is made of plastic as it might have a history of a seam splitting ... maybe due to a fault in a particular production run ... or perhaps some other problem which is known to the manufacturer. You never know, there might have been a recall and maybe still an option to have it fixed by the manufacturer.

That aside if the repair is not covered by insurance or warranty I cannot see it being economical to have it repaired given what is involved. Plus if it is a few years old and it has been well-used wear and tear could result in another failure sooner rather than later.
Hi Steve, Many thanks for writing this up. Here is a photo of the washer dryer

I looked it up online and Hoover parts said the drum is no longer available. Also, it is no longer under warranty. I paid the engineer his call out fee of £70 and he said this will be knocked off the price of a new one, as his company also sells them, in case we want to buy. He said he will quote me a price for a replacement drum after the weekend. I will listen to what he has to say.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote