View Single Post
Old 6th June 2011, 11:55   #64
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrink View Post
Hi. I am also from SA, Durban. Bought my Rover 75 1.8T last year in Botswana. Have a couple of problems that need sorted and yes, it is difficult to find someone that is prepared to work on them or even can. Not to mention getting a diagnostic done. I found a guy in Cape Town who looks reasonably priced. Might want to have a look at his website: www.classically-british.co.za. Al least he replies to your emails, but he is however not a mechanic, he only imports parts and you can get almost anything from him. Good luck, and hope someone can give me an idea of anyone in the Durban area.
A friend of mine specilaizes in Landrover motors, mainly on cylinder heads. But hopefully you will not need to go down that road. He was on the bluff, but has now I think moved to the North coast. The MG car club was big in KZN at one stage and did import a lot of parts for their cars. Not that they will consider our cars any part of MG though.
If you need any smallish parts from the UK maybe I can help and send them to you. I will also be making a trip back at some stage, but to the more civilized Gauteng.

Maybe check your springs if the car has lived in Botswana.

Regards Craig
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote