View Single Post
Old 31st October 2014, 15:25   #1
Grumpy1
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 2.5 2001 Royal Blue Connoissuer Auto Saloon

Question 'Greased Lightning' waterless wash.

Used this for the first time today after okay opinions from some members. Manufacturers claim a time of 40 minutes to do the job. Took me 55 but I am a very arthritic 74 year old, so a younger, fitter user may well be able to complete the job in 40. There are some 'before' and 'after' pictures below. Hope you can tell the difference. It looks shiny, but I wonder how much of that is down to the many coats of Meguiars Gold Class Premium Liquid Wax already on the car? Only time will tell how long the shine will last. They also claim that a 1ltr bottle will clean up to 10 cars. Children's pedal cars maybe, definitely not Rover 75's! I'll be lucky to get another two cleans from it and at £15 a bottle, that's quite expensive! I had trouble getting an acceptable spray pattern from the nozzle. It was either a very fine mist, which the wind blew everywhere, or a high powered jet, which put copius amounts in a very small area! I'm going to have a go at cleaning the nozzle before I use it again. I would be interested to learn from other users how many cleans they get from a bottle.

Chad.

Oh no! Not DRLs! Yes, I can open the bonnet.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote