View Single Post
Old 21st February 2020, 12:03   #448
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Expensive month..........

................................ what with the shower conversion. Collected the Bear from the garage where she had a full service including new brakes, I supplied the disc’s. They said that I needed new rear tyres, which I have ordered from a family run tyre company here in Saltash. Then on the way home the fuel light came on, I knew it was low. So that was another £70 to fill up.

Got Banana going in on Tuesday to have the drivers side window sorted out. Window goes down ok but comes up in fits and starts.
Going to need a new bannister rail in the house, currently do not have one.
The breakfast bar extension, and the tv unit, is having yacht varnish applied. Luckily the varnish has been supplied by Allen, so no cost there then.

Just the garden to have some clematis planted and a new floor to go down in the greenhouse. Then I’ll be spent out. My credit card is on oxygen at the moment. Still you cannot take it with you.

Going through some paperwork on the Bear and have only just noticed on the date it was first sold on, to the first owner, and that is the 19th December same day as my birthday. So it was meant to be to buy the Bear. Going through some old invoices on the car, and comparing prices from then to today. Some things appear to be cheaper theses days. The Bear has not cost me that much, compared with my first V8. Just routine servicing and tyres, although she was trailed up to Retro Lifestyle 2 years ago to have a New ECU fitted. In fact I spent more on Redfive in the 18 moths I had the car than I have spent on the Bear in 4 years.

We don’t speak on how much has been spent on Banana in the 10 years of ownership but I reckon I could have had a brand new Aston Martin, second home in Monaco, own a private jet and do my shopping in Harrods.
But I’ll love the car so much I would probably sell a kidney to keep her on the road.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote