View Single Post
Old 30th January 2020, 19:40   #443
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Been watching a Master Craftsman................

...........................................at work today. Allen has started on the extension of the kitchen unit, been working on his boat a lot, again. Absolutely amazing on how precise all the joints are and all done by line of sight. Although it was cold in the garage, well I was cold, Allen cracked on making the legs to fit the table top.
We had a slight hiccup when he cut the legs. They were both different, we bought them ready made but we had not noticed that they were both slightly different.

And after trimming them they were even more different. But Allen got round that by just making new legs out of the extra wood we had. And he even made use of one of the odd legs to act as a brace between the legs. Allen was using a super dooper glue that goes off in less than 30 minutes whatever the weather. I played my part by handling the correct tools, and making the hot drinks.

The table is now in place, glued and screwed into place. My job tomorrow is to use the wood filler, sanding and painting the table. Might as well whilst the weather is a bit grim.
Banana has gone back to the car restorations to have a few issues sorted, so down to one car. But am looking at getting another car as a runaround. Mind you the last time I wanted a runaround I ended buying the Bear. So who knows what I’ll end up with. There is a garage in Mousehole that had a nice little Rover For Sale. So might be a road trip coming up.

Only been in Saltash A shade over 19 months, and have only just found out where the local DIY store is. I’ve been travelling over the bridge into the dark side to go to either B&Q’s or Homebase. Again thanks to Allen I now know where this DIY store is, opposite a supermarket I occasionally use.
The plumber is coming in on February 12th, to take the bath out, probably to the pictures, and put me a new shower cubicle in. Looking forward to that. Then that will be the last job to be done in the house.
Now I can start on the gardens and get them how I want them.

Plus the car show season is starting on February 9th for us, with Banana being on display, by invitation, at the Triumph & MG Spares day at Stoneleigh Park. Will go up on the 8th and stay with my friend Jan, she lives about 10 miles from the Park.
Then the following weekend I’m away again to a gin tasting weekend with my friends from Kent.
Next trip to London will be in March, it will be for my brother-in-laws 70th birthday.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote