View Single Post
Old 9th December 2018, 14:05   #33
Steve1966
Loves to post

2000 W Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Man Club (SE)

Thanks for all the replies. The thought of being without a car for another week has prompted me to go out this morning and buy a 9 month old Astra. Ideally I’d keep the 75 as a project/occasional use car but I don’t have the space so I think it’s time to let someone else have a go as a project car, or I’ll have to consider doing the unthinkable. Even if the hose and bleeding would solve the issue she’s 19 in March and getting too old to be my daily driver. If it’s the water pump then as belts are due next summer realistically they should all be done with the water pump. She has done just 70 miles since passing the MOT two weeks ago and has a shiny new rear upper arm and spring so could be a great car for someone willing to take the chance. Scrap man says £200 so thats all it will take to buy. PM if interested. I’m just off J3 of the M6. I’m sad but I think it’s time. I’ve realised other than a foolish 12 month affair with a 207 I grew to hate I’ve had only BL cars since 1984 (and lots of them).

Spyhole, Thermostat, IMG (x2), Front ARB Drop links (x3 pairs), Rear Damper, Coils/HT Leads, Heater Matrix, Unions, 13x tyres, Gearbox Oil, Full Service (x3), Water pump & belts, LH/RH lower arm & bushes, Front/Rear pads/Discs, Fr door finishers, Track Rods, Jule's intake tube, Clutch, Slave, DMF (ouch), 1 1/2 exhausts, front springs/top mounts, Jule's Fan upgrade/condenser, reverse gear switch, OSR upper arm, spring, and sill welding. 78,000miles (175,600m total).
Steve1966 is offline   Reply With Quote