View Single Post
Old 1st April 2015, 23:16   #26
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daznkel View Post
Following on from the work originally done by Phil HERE and my post (#66) in that thread, I had some spare time and have set a about resurrecting this idea and bringing it bang up to date using Google Maps.
This will enable South West members to see which other members are close to them and PM or Email them via the forum in order to help each other out and arrange meets etc.

HERE is the link to the map as it stands at the moment.

The only thing we need to do is get members on the map!

If you want to get yourself added to the map, just send me a PM HERE and I will put you on the map and include a link back to the forum that will enable other members to PM or email you.

In your message to me please let me know either your postcode or the Lattitude and Longitude of your location. This can be found easily using the following steps;

1. Go to google maps HERE,
2. Browse to your position on the map or in the bottom right corner click the "My Location" crosshair icon.
3. Click the left mouse button (Hold for a second, then release)
4. The coordinates appear for your location in the top left of the screen. Just copy them into your message to me.

Thanks.
This is brilliant, I would like to be featured on the map, but unfortunate enough to live in Northants !
Excellent concept, well done !
John.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote