View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2017, 08:24   #8
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

My last 25 diesel returned between 52 and 55mpg dependant upon my driving style.
Mid range torque is quite impressive for a tractor, the agricultural sounding engine is only really intrusive at idle, once on open road it was fine. It handles well, try one and see.

I bought it at 30k and have now passed it onto my MIL at 90k, and it just flew threw its MOT.

Spent about £1 on materials to fix the wiring harness at the hatch and had to buy a £2.45 relay for the BCU alarm module. in the time I had it. Fuel tank was recently replaced with a pattern version. Only applicable to oval remote fob later models with BCU

For a car that was probably designed way back in the nineties, It is very reliable and certainly not a pile of rubbish. However these cars are now at least 12 years old so bear that in mind, corrosion, etc and ham fisted ownership will all take their toll.

One thing though where I live we get lots of frosts and ice, I find the speed of heating up of the engine very slow and hence I tended to use a screen protector a lot in the depths of winter. I fitted heated seats too and exterior temperature ice alert. My son just used most recently it to go down to Swansea and then across country to another place to pick up some Imp body panels, and back some 800+ miles in total and he managed fine and has not been in hospital with spine damage etc. the car just walked it.

Last edited by Lovel; 2nd December 2017 at 08:28..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote