View Single Post
Old 17th September 2010, 15:59   #11
richardsms

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsms View Post
Hi, I have got the wireless reversing camera and have tried to follw the excellent guide attached, however i have failed to meet my objectives (failed in other words). So i need to ask some questions and I wonder if anyone who has fitted one can help?
  1. The rear camera has up to 2 power sources, when I fitted mine, I just took one power source from the reverse lights. Do i also need to take power from the numberplate light or will the sole power off the reversing lights work?
  2. once I get to the front end my problems really start. From my understanding all I need to do is run power to the wireless aerial and then plug the yellow cable into the back off the head unit, this I have done but nothing has happened and no picture appears. Therefore I have done something wrong and i think it may relate to the "pink cable" but simply cannot understand what part that plays (if any).
  3. Any noddy/idiot guide or assistance would be really appreciated.
  4. Sorry to be a pain
I have since taken this on a step. i have connected the pink to a live wire and got my picture. unfortunately I cannot find a reverse wire anywhere, I have a late 2006 MGZT so not sure if anyone can help me.
richardsms is offline   Reply With Quote