View Single Post
Old 18th July 2012, 15:02   #8
Trophy Blue Tourer
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T Trophy Blue CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_a_n1979 View Post
Get the HEL ones for the V8; straight fit & usually cheaper than Goodridge and with stainless fittings all round (Goodridge are usually extra)!

http://www.helperformance-shop.com/e...-line-set.html

No No No !!!

The V8 one's are the 30/40 mm shorter ones!! Because the caliper is mounted on the rear of the hub on the V8's

The 190's are on the front of the hub like all the rest and the hose is only a few mm shorter due to the disc being a larger diameter!!

If you really want to shorten them then from memory I guess you could take say 20mm off max but I would bolt your new calipers on first and try offering the old hoses up before ordering/buying anything! - ie dont take my word for it!

Something to remember when doing that is that although the stainless flex hoses are a good idear they are a bit stiffer to bend and require a slightly bigger radius curve to avoid damaging them - hence dont shorten them to much !!

Attached a couple of pics of mine while I was doing the conversion - I found I had to trim the rubber over sleeve back to just a couple of inches long to get things to sit right at both extremes of movement!!

HTH?

Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brake conver (18).jpg (128.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Brake conver (21).jpg (125.0 KB, 16 views)
Trophy Blue Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote