View Single Post
Old 4th January 2015, 20:29   #4
maxxpump
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
Er max............ are you looking to replace speakers behind the door cards or are you after cut and shut fitments?
Let me know.
I would have liked to have integrated them behind the door card, but if I did just fit them into the door card itself would I have to use some extra fibreglass to strengthen the immediate area to stop it vibrating so much? I was thinking of removing the grill section and replacing that with a flat bit of board/fibreglass so it creates a indented ledge to mount the speakers into, it will also give me space to install a secondary smaller mid/high speaker in the top section while still having the low/mid in the bottom of it, I then could possibly fabricate a grill to go over the top to make it look slightly original. Im not 100% sure what i'm going to do yet, I will draw up some designs and give you a PM.

What would be the easiest way and what is the best way to do it for better sound quality?

The speakers I have got are these:

http://www.fliaudio.co.uk/portfolio/...grator-comp-6/