View Single Post
Old 30th October 2021, 16:05   #21
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Thanks Mark. The rubbing noise is what I would expect to hear from a correctly adjusted handbrake (supplemented by the brake pads on the disc).
Did you also take the opportunity to look at the springs, front and rear? When mine fractured earlier this year I initially thought that the handbrake had seized on. I also heard a terrible noise not unlike what you describe.

Mark, I would urge you once again to explore other possibilities but you don't sound at all keen! I'd say that DMGRS have done you a favour by not responding immediately. It's far better to wait for your mobile mechanic to expose the handbrake shoes and make an accurate diagnosis before putting your hand deep into your pocket, isn't it?

I wonder why mine haven't suffered this fate? Could yours perhaps have been inferior aftermarket shoes fitted by a previous owner? If so, then I agree that this could have happened to Mark's car.

Simon
I have suggested asking DMGRS if they will do sale or return so parts can be ordered "today" to make sure they arrive in time for the weekend

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote