View Single Post
Old 8th June 2020, 07:46   #469
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The time has certainly flown by...................

........................................ for today marks one year in the New house. Where has that time gone? Only seems like yesterday I had bought this house. Would have celebrated by going for a meal with a few friends and neighbours but that’s on hold for now. I’m still not venturing very far, only going out for essential shopping. Although I did have a run down to Cremyll yesterday with the Bear to blow a few cobwebs out. But I stayed in the car, took a few photo’s, then drove home via Anderton , Millport, Anthony, Sheviot and Doublebois.

The gardens are all in colourful flower, the strawberries are still growing. I don’t think I have ever seen the leaves looking so big. My imitation banana plant leaves are huge, reckon I could shelter underneath from the rain. To think one month ago I got sunburnt and today I’m thinking of putting the heating on. Still my long hair is keeping me warm..
My hay fever has really kicked in this year, which is not good to sneeze at the moment what with this Covid-19. People give you a wide berth. I do have tablets to take which I do take, if I remember. A sneeze reminds me to take one.

Banana is still having hissy fit days but last Friday I took her to Tesco’s in Callington, which is a round trip of 22 miles and she behaved herself. That is the longest trip since February this year. Still not using her as much as I could.
The Bear went for her MOT on the 1st June and she finally came home on the 5th. Passed her MOT ok but the anti-roll bar bushes that were fitted last September had given up the ghost. The garage ordered them on the 1st and they finally turned up on the 4th in the afternoon. Still replaced FOC, so happy with that. Allen was kind enough to give me a lift there and back.

My friend in Italy phoned to tell me that his wife is on the mend from the Covid-19, that’s very good news. He hopes that she will be home by the end of the month. At least now he can go and visit her but with gown and mask on.
My friend Roger, my late godson’s brother, is running up to 12 miles a day as his strength returns. We hope to meet by the end of the month. He hopes to fly home at some point in July. Missing his family big time, although they keep in contact via video link up. He still helps with the schooling as best as he can.

I still have Zed the Ted with me, been here 9 months now. You can catch up with his adventures on his page complete with photos.
I still have my photo editing going, helps to keep me sane. And I’m still experimenting with different recipes in the kitchen, most have been a success but one or two have ended up in the bin. Still the smoke alarm keeps me on my toes.

And finally in 5 days time, the 13th, I will have lived in Cornwall for two years.

So definitely No Going Back......................

Many thanks for reading and the kind comments. Keep safe people and we will all meet up soon.

233,625. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote