Thread: Pure wax?
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2007, 09:24   #32
empsburna
Gets stuck in

Other Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
What's the difference between these coatings/sealants and the acrylic laquer that's already on the paintwork? Why should these be used before waxing? Is it to polyfilla over the micro-scratches?

TC
Stolen from Dave KG from detailing world - much better explaination than I could give!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave KG - Detailing World
Sealents deliver very clear, very sharp reflections on a car - amlost mirror like and many people really like that style of finish in which case a sealent is for them. For me though the finish isn't natrual looking, its far too "bling", far too articfical, like its trying too hard. And for me, some seaelnts are sorely lacking in any gloss or warmth and the others struggle to give that highly pleasing warm carnuaba glow. The finish is in my eyes a bit like a shiny dashboard, unnatural and not to my tastes... I also personally find (again, I stress I haven't yet used Zaino) that the durability claims of sealents are a bit of a myth - yes they last quite well, better than some boutique waxes like Pinnacle, but many for me fall way short of the durable waxes like Collinite and Zymol -the exceptions being Klasse AIO, Autoglym EGP and 1Z Glanz Wax.

Waxes on the other hand deliver a finish which *I* personally prefer - deep, glossy, wet and warm looking. The finish is natural, and for want of a better word, classy. Putting a sealent below waxes for me delivers little benefit, espeically with more duable waxes like Zymol. And the finish from a wax just has so much more for me - subtle nuances, incredible depth of glass and warmth. And many waxes will be durable as well - Collinite and Zymol will deliver 4 months.
empsburna is offline   Reply With Quote