View Single Post
Old 10th October 2019, 08:08   #6
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
P0270 This code implies that the engine control module (ECM) has experienced a low voltage situation involving the fuel injector for the fourth cylinder in the firing order. ... The cylinder with the faulty injector causes a lean mixture that in turn causes a higher cylinder head temperature resulting in detonation.

P0650 MIL lamp Malfunction

P1191 I suspect could be a faulty O2 sensor

P0562 is triggered in the ECM, I think it means the ECM is seeing a lower than requested vehicle voltage. The code is then set when the voltage level goes below 10.0 volts for more than 60 seconds while the engine is running.

9020 Pre-tensioner check the connectors under the seat, spray with electrical spray allow it to dry apply Vasoline and reconnect, that might solve that

Mick
Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Just typed out a long reply and then it got blanked out.--

Shortened version.

1/ corroded connectors. salt sea side air.

2/ 10 volts. Battery dead.--Alternator dead.--( never, )

3/ O2 sensor wiring.

All above down to connectors.
First part: ooh... that sucks...

- P0270 = I tried to clean the connector on the nr 4 injector. I've read on the webternet that these errors are often due to corroded connectors.
- P0650 = Gonna have to Google that one... (p.s. no engine lights are showing on the IPK after the engine has been started. It does light up briefly when I insert the key and turn it, just like all other lights).
- P1191 = Just re-checked the searchresults, and I've found a few articles that this error refers to the second O2 sensor in the exhaust pipe. But that's the thing, I only have one (in the exhaust manifold). There isn't even a wire/connector for the second one. So I think I can ignore this error? (kinda weird it still gives an error for this, you'd think the computer knows the second one doesn't exist).
- P0562 = Really confused about this one. I checked the battery, which is showing 12.6 volts. When the engine is running it goes to 13.8 volts. The alternator is giving me 13.9 volts. With all lights on, the aircon on and the radio on high volume (and all other systems active) the voltage drops very slightly, but then stabilises at 13.5 volts at the battery.
- 9020 = Still weird. The connector is giving me 0 ohm resistance. Even a drop of "connector cleaning fluid" (not sure what you call it in English) didn't do anything. Error still showing.