View Single Post
Old 27th May 2019, 14:30   #1
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Default Chinese Phone DOA

Well, it's finally happened. I've been buying the odd item now and again direct from China and never really had a problem in doing so until that is ... now. I bought a Leagoo T5 mobile phone to replace the stolen Blackview P2 that I posted of a few weeks ago. The tracking info shows that it arrived reasonably quick in the UK and that it then sat in the system for nearly a month before it was delivered to me. The phone is sadly dead on arrival, it won't switch on and it will not charge. I've tried different leads and chargers to no avail and it makes no difference whether a wall socket or laptop usb port is used as the charging source.

A quick google points to a sleeping or dead battery being a common cause of the problem, quite possibly a result of the delivery delay when it hit the UK system. I gather that it might be possible to revive the battery by flashing it with a 9V battery but the phone will have to be opened up to do it and there is no guarantee of success even if the battery is replaced. Plus given that the phone is factory fresh I'm not keen on exploring that option for now though I haven't ruled it out given the alternative in the circumstances. The alternative being to return the phone to China.

Anyone got any experience of this and is there a low-cost way of shipping something like this back to China?
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote