View Single Post
Old 11th February 2019, 11:48   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Early riser indeed......................

........................................ Jan had to knock on the door twice on Sunday morning to get me to wake up. First time for a very, very long time I have slept for 7 hours straight. Never even got up in the night for a wee.
As I was late I had no time for a shower, not a problem as it was chucking it down outside. Time enough for a cuppa and take my tablets. Then we loaded up Rob’s car, Mercedes-Benz Coupe. Jan was only taking her Chrysler Cross Fire as there were more than enough cars for the stand, plus there was a reserve MG 3 if needed.

We set off for the meeting up point where we found Rick & Deanna, Alison, Keith and Declan, Carl, Paul and Kev.
The cars were. MG ZT, MG F with a KV6 fitted, MG TF, MG F Panther and a stunning Mini Metro aka Rover 100. And so the Bear joined the convoy to Stoneleigh.
Soon at the showground and into our allocated spaces. Then out came the drying off cloths and polishing commenced. The banners were set up, well impressed with them. Might get one for Banana for when she attends the shows in the future.

Then the public were let in. I met quite a few forum members, members from the Kent and Surrounding club, members from what used to be the Halfway House club, 3 members from the North London MG Club put in an appearance. I met two professional photographers and had my picture taken alongside the Bear for future publications.
I chatted to so many people that I only left the stand twice so never really got to see the show properly. All in all a cracking day. But oh so tiring.

The show ended at 16.30. According to Google maps my time home from Stoneleigh was three and a half hours, 205 miles. With our goodbyes and after we helped Jan and Rob to load up there cars with the banners I was off.
I stopped at Valley services close to the M5 to top up the tank. Stopped again on the M5 at Sedgemoor Services for food and a drink. Took my time eating. Time for a wee and then the final leg of the trip.

Very strong headwind on the way home as the mpg dropped off quite a lot, must have been a very strong headwind as not much passed us. Warp Factor Actros was achieved from joining the M5 till we got to the Tamar bridge, only really slowed to Warp Factor Harris50 for the road works.

Time home was three and a quarter hours.

The Bear covered the round trip of 410 miles without a problem. Used no oil or water.
We averaged 23 mpg on the way up but only 16 mpg on the way home.

I’ll post a few pictures up later.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 11th February 2019 at 12:06.. Reason: MPG wrong
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote