View Single Post
Old 11th February 2019, 11:20   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The Bear’s weekend away...............

................................ not a mini tour as per normal.

We was invited to attend the MG & Triumph Spares day at Stoneleigh Park last Sunday by the World Wide MG Club, ( only to be found on Facebook). The founder member of the club, Janine, also invited me to stay at her place on Saturday rather than either staying at a local hotel or travelling up on Sunday morning.

Having never been to her house I set the Garmin sat nav up for us to follow. Everything went well till we pulled off of the M5 at junction 9, then the sat nav really kicked in. Evesham’s a nice town, sat nav took me straight through the town centre. After that we ducked and dived down countless lanes, through the mud. So much for cleaning the car the other day.
We finally arrived at Jan’s Place except I had the wrong address. But I was not far off. The lady, who’s door I knocked at thinking I was at the right house, soon pointed me in the right direction.

Eventually I reversed into the right driveway. Jan’s son Rob answered the door and soon the kettle was on. Jan came in from walking the dogs. More tea? Oh! Go on then. I got a guided tour of the house, was shown my room. Got to meet the nutty dogs a Basset Hound and a Yorkie.
Rob was getting dinner ready and showed showed me where she kept the cleaning products for cleaning the Bear. So I got on with that. Soon the Bear was clean.

Dinner was ready, a lovely chicken balti with rice and fresh baked rolls. Dessert was apple crumble and custard.
We sat and chatted and the time soon swung round to bed time. Jan said we had to leave by 07.15 Sunday to meet up with the other show cars. No problem said I. I’m a early riser.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote