View Single Post
Old 17th January 2013, 00:10   #25
New75Guy

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Any advice on removing the starter?

Thank you very much for your replies, you have given me some hope! I ordered the contact kit earlier today, along with a Haynes manual for good measure.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some very rough guidance on exactly where the starter motor is located? I was under the bonnet earlier with a torch, but for the life of me could not see it (unlike the alternator which was readily apparent). I have read in other posts that it is close to the top of the engine, and is very easy to remove... but I'm guessing there are still at least a few bits I must remove first to get at it?

I like to think I am quite mechanically inclined, although unfortunately I have little experience working on cars. Living in a flat and not having a garage full of tools is a bit of a hindrance Is this something I should reasonably expect to be able to do myself, with guidance from the Haynes manual and possibly a few kind members on here? I don't mind buying any tools I need but don't have (although I have most of the basics).

Again, thanks for your help!
New75Guy is offline   Reply With Quote