View Single Post
Old 15th March 2020, 13:10   #62
Pete
Owners Club Director

Rover 75

With the increase in cases of Coronavirus in the UK I am letting you know the current situation in regards to the forthcoming National Meet in April at the Wythall Transport Museum.

As of 15th March the National Meet will be going ahead as planned. But we cannot say at this moment the decision is final. Updates will appear in this thread.

We would be desperately disappointed to have to postpone the event, and I know you would be too. But we must act responsibly in the face of a virus which is spreading quickly and advice on avoiding catching it which is changing almost daily. A large number of our members who come to the meets are older, and they are at increased risk of contracting the virus.

If the infection rate continues to rise quickly and the meet is seen as a risk to anyone at the venue - including the volunteers at the museum who give their time freely - and Government advice changes to halt mass gatherings then we will move the National Meet to later in the year.

If you are booking accommodation then we suggest you do so only if you have the option to cancel.

We are monitoring advice from the Government along with the venue and will be regularly reviewing the staging of the National Meet. We do hope to see you there but we also hope you understand if we take, or are told to take, the decision to postpone to a later date. In the meantime, if you have any questions then feel free to PM me.

Stay safe,

Pete

Follow The Club On Twitter