View Single Post
Old 19th January 2020, 20:56   #4
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
what things have you checked? I ask so we do not ask if you have checked them already

macafee2

Sorry I have not checked much, the switch completes a circuit when activated and the light on the switch comes on.
When I power the screen independently all bar two elements work.
When I check the wiring for the screen centre of the rear window behind the head lining negative is a continuous circuit. Positive has no power going to it. The switch seems to be switching the negative pole so I presume there must be a relay hiding somewhere.
Previously cars I have just run a new switched live cable from the dash to the cable that I have checked in the headlining above the rear window surround.
I have done this mod to two of my previous cars and have done it for other people. There must be a fuse link or relay gone but I could never find one. So deaf now I can’t hear relays pulling in have to use small probes and a meter to check relays. In my last car I checked every fuse they were all working I even changed the switch in case the timer was faulty.
This car only checked the rear wiring no positive power switch seems to be working as I think it should.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote