View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2020, 17:36   #16
Workhorse
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks all for the warm welcome and good advice, and particularly for the offers of assistance! It's very reassuring to know there's a supportive community out there.

I'm still in that stage of ownership where I'm extremely nervous of any noise and rattle and assume it's about to do something very expensive! I think a few hundred more miles to build confidence with the car and I'll start sorting the little jobs. The car looks better than it is in the pictures, as the paintwork actually isn't fantastic and wheels are quite comprehensively curved, but hopefully a good mechanical base to improve on.

Is the 160 remap basically a retune to a higher BMW spec? I think I'm right in saying that manufacturers sometimes detune identical engines for different model specs, so is this the case here?

I've had a look at the plenums and they appear dry if a little grubby with a bit of detritus. I'll investigate more thoroughly in due course, as I'm fairly familiar with blocked drainage due to also owning an oldish MX5
Workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote