View Single Post
Old 25th October 2019, 12:06   #9
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverP480 View Post
I have been over to Norway many times since 1985 usually with my Land Rovers both new & old but also my P4 Rover . Remember Norway is not in the EU but is in the Schengen agreement . There is Road pricing with automatic tolls using number plate recognition. If you don't pay as you go, you will be sent the bill back to address in UK . There is no penalty for this .
In the summer weather is usually fine but there can still be snow on the highest passes but road generally are clear. I have taken a few spares with me in the 1955 Land Rover , but otherwise just had comprehensive breakdown cover.
I am planning to visit a LR meet next year organised by the Norsk LR Klubb https://www.nlrk.no/
Previous time I went was 4 yrs ago in the old LR and travelled overnight to Hook van Holland , then drove to north Germany with another overnight stop , then to Denmark and took the ferry to Kristiansand .
Driving a LandRover product is a bit easier as you say as there are clubs all over the world with a lot of people willing to help. I now drive a Freelander 2 on my daily basis and is also attending the local club now and then. I may probably show up at the annular meet next year also. Time will show
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote