View Single Post
Old 20th January 2019, 10:05   #7
Bullnose75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 V6 LPG

Popped out in my Rover 75 Tourer Igloo car again earlier today after scraping ice off both outside and inside of front screen,which I had to do again before my return trip from my mates place ! Oh what fun,lol.

Had a quick look at removing heater matrix to flush it the other day but the phillips screws holding the pipes together where the o rings are were done up silly tight and started to burr over without coming undone. Grrrr !
Will get them undone at some point though and remove heater matrix for a flush but before I do was wondering if there is an electric or vacuum operated valve inline in the heater pipework somewhere that only opens to let water flow through heater matrix when heat is called for ? Like on some other cars ?​
Just curious as after running car for an hour or so the heater works perfectly,getting too hot on max setting. My thinking being if heater matrix was blocked and/or silted up it maybe wouldn't get really hot eventually like it does and maybe if there is a valve that controls when/how much coolant flows through heater matrix if that said valve is slow to open that might be the cause of my slow heater warm up ? Just a thought.
Can't hurt to flush heater matrix though
Bullnose75 is offline   Reply With Quote