View Single Post
Old 29th March 2018, 18:39   #7
Lordy
This is my second home

Ford Probe GT.

Thanked 2,516 Times in 1,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
I too am not impressed with Waxoyl/Schutz, as you say, it flakes off anything but a clean metal or pre-painted surface. I took a heavy duty, circular wire brush on my angle grinder to the rear chassis of my 4x4, got it mostly down to bare metal , and gave it 2 coats of some old, green Hammerite I used to paint the kids' swing frame with 20 years ago! Hammerite washes clean very easily, so you can quickly see if it has deteriorated or come off, and touch in if needed. I did the wheelarches with black, but defects are less obvious, so not as good.
As I was the same as my dad I swore by it for many years but after seeing my mates car after he grinded it down oh my was it hiding a dirty secret.

After that I'll never ever use it again.

Hammerite and red oxide I personally rather use that and what ever you can coat with as well that stone chip protector is over paintable which is what I like that I means I can still add by layer without it reacting badly with normal paint.

Its good stuff and does last.

Wanted too ask you have a read of this I've been thinking about using a industrial floor paint as my final coat after its all completed.

I'm just not too sure.

My theory is that industrial floors are strong and made of concrete and this paint has too stick too that plus industrial vehicles on site the paint is going too have put up a lot and my eyes that's great as our cars get everything from road debris and stone chips.

It shouldn't flake off as easily.

Supercoat Polyurethane Heavy Duty High Impact Floor
Product performance outline:
To be suitable for use on factory floors industrial floor paints must generally be tough and resistant enough to withstand:-

• The abrasion and wear that will take place i.e. from fork lifts, pallet trucks,cars,4X4 plus other vehicle movements across the factory floor.

• The static loading that is imposed on the painted factory floor surface by pallet stacking in storage, or other equipment on the floor

• Most liquid or chemical spillages that may occur on the floor i.e. Water, oils,Cutting Agents,Soft acid cleaning agents,wheel/brake cleaners,engine coolant,brake fluids some fuel's etc that are used in the processes carried out on the painted floor.

• (do not leave these to sit on the area coated they must be removed and not left to soak into the area,they will with stand the spill but not for long periods of time)

Most factory floors are reinforced concrete floors and this must obviously have sufficient strength to support all of these loadings and uses.
The functions of the industrial floor paint are:
- to strengthen and improve the factory floor surface
- to eliminate dust build up on surface (pre seal primer coating is always advised on dusty unpainted areas before a topcoat is applied)
- to increase the floors abrasion and wear resistance
- to provide the increased additional chemical resistance
- to improve the appearance and ambience of the working environment
-to speed up the cleaning/mopping of the area cutting down on time of this task and also to help combat dust issues on stock and surface contamination
- to delineate specific areas, such as: safe walking areas, parking bays or access routes and other directions etc.

Lest we forget.

Never forget them and support our armed forces.

https://i.imgur.com/oyca2Lyl.jpg?1
Passion Never Dies It Only Gets Stronger.
Go your own way.

Lordy is offline   Reply With Quote