View Single Post
Old 30th May 2020, 10:10   #13
Briodyjl01
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer, Rover 75 Saloon

Smile

The thing with weekend it’s the only time I can do it. I work half 7 till about 5 most mon to Friday. I don’t like making a noise in an evening as next door have 2 little kids and they don’t say anything. Don’t make a noise due to them on a week day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The tone of her letter was very polite. When a person makes a noise they don't realise how many other people can hear it, also, as they are making the noise they are not upset by it but those having to hear it, can be.

Again I suggest you apologise and try to discuss how you can work on your cars without upsetting her. May be a bottle of wine or a bunch of flowers would help show her you do not mean to cause offence. Perhaps work only weekdays not weekends, only between the hours of X and Y. I'd suggest not before or after 9am or 9pm normally but in this case I would suggest much less then a 12 hour window.

Good advice already given to keep a diary of dates and times you work on the car.

I urge you to consider the letter she sent and the a/effect this must be having on her.
Of course, I am assuming she is a level headed your lady and her wording in the letter suggests she is and not someone that moans for the sake of it. If she is just a moaner
I don't know what to suggest. I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to ask other neighbours.

good luck

macafee2