View Single Post
Old 28th January 2020, 19:57   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Towing season soon..

So in preparation, I went out to open the gas locker to check my gas bottle was as I remembered it - full. It was, but the gas strut which helps raise the locker lid on my Bailey, had failed and was blathered in leaked fluid.

I couldn't see an obvious strength marked on the failed strut, but I could measured the open length and see the end connection type, 400mm and a right angle to the strut thread, so I took a chance and ordered pair on ebay, for £12.99 of the correct type and size, where no strength was indicated.

Fitted yesterday and the strength seems about right for the job.

Just waiting for weather to pick up now and the caravan can have a good scrub up, to get all the moss of it. I have never known so much moss appear on it, as it has this past year parked in my drive..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote