View Single Post
Old 15th October 2019, 10:11   #8
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Neil- I think the slave you have earmarked is for petrol, not diesel models. Motaquip may also do one for diesels. It is a bit of lottery regarding clutch part quality for the 75s. The LUK Repset pro kit seems to be well regarded by many traders. If you can find a Delphi slave to go with the Freelander 2 part clutch kit that might be a good bet, as they are supposedly produced using the old AP tooling that made the factory-fitted items.

Fitting technique is as important as parts quality when doing clutches on these cars -see my 'clutch change saga' thread from a couple of years ago to see some of the tricks for fitting these clutches successfully. Make sure the mechanic removes the subframe and cleans everything up within the bellhousing before fitting the new clutch, flushes the master cylinder out to avoid contamination of the new slave cylinder, and correctly lubricates the input shaft splines, guide tube and release bearing face. Replacing the guide tube the slave sits on is also a good idea when doing these clutches. Two years and 14,000 miles on, my clutch is still performing well, apart from slight growl/bearing noise on changing gear (probably due to me choosing a metal slave , something I would not recommend now).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote