Thread: Nzz
View Single Post
Old 10th October 2019, 21:57   #20
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

In the paperwork that came with the car was a receipt for £245 for an angel remap so whilst on the Boxtel trip I asked Brian if he would be so good to look and see what it had been remapped to, surprisingly the car had the same map it had left the factory with

With a crowd standing in front of the car and bonnet up Brian went to start the car, what can only be described as welding sparks coming from the starter motor, the cable was checked to see if it was loose but it wasn't.
The starter had always been lethargic in its job so a replacement was ordered.

In the meantime I ordered a repair kit which very quickly arrived, so the removal of the motor began.
It then became very apparent what the prob with the motor was, the bodger had been here before and had not done the nut securing the cables up at all, the cables had welded themselves to the stud bolt on the motor.
Trying to undo it sheared the stud.

Motor removed and stripped out it again was apparent the bodge king had done his stuff, one of the contacts were bent, goodness knows how.
All back together and turned the key to start, one very healthy sounding starter motor, another unexpected job done well.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote