Thread: Nzz
View Single Post
Old 10th October 2019, 21:38   #19
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

This is what the front pads looked like

There was a rattle in the boot lid, so apart it came, the bodger had been here too, one of the nuts had become lodged in the lid and had then worked itself loose.
Mg7 lights were then fitted.

In early August the car was back on the road with a few more little jobs to do.

The interior of the car when built was blue alcantara however, someone in its past decided to sell it and put the grey seats in.

A friend then pointed me to a car on Facebook that was being broken, amazingly it had a lovely blue alcantara interior, I quickly made contact with the guy and bought them, a trip to Ramsgate then followed to collect it.

I wasn’t disappointed with it at all, very light wear on the drivers seat and the rest was in a lovely condition.

The guy had snipped the cable’s as far back as he could which made it a lot easier for me to rejoin the wires, now with the plugs fitted.
Repair complete and no more airbag light on.

I put my own xtrons unit in as it is quite new, almost a year old but its had no more than three months use, quite frankly they are rubbish, it does nothing but play up, and for me personally the aftermarket support is rubbish,that and a drivers cup holder, the interior was now complete.

I could not lock the drivers door with the key so off came the card,Bill the bodger had been here too ��.
How on earth someone can mess straightforward wiring up is beyond me so that was sorted out.
Moving onto the lock I found a part missing from the mech which allows the door to be locked with the key, strewth, if it was at the bottom of the door I wouldn’t mind but it was missing,I found what I was looking for in my spares box, assembled back together and I can now lock the car with the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ched; 27th November 2019 at 23:05..
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote