View Single Post
Old 20th July 2019, 10:03   #31
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning Wes, Yes I agree it will sell very well at this price, It looks to have decent spec for the price too, Most of the BEV offerings by the EV manufacturers to date have only really been catering to affluent buyers.

It's good to see MG bring this ZS ev out at this price point. the price of new BEV's for "Mass market" buyers are slowly coming down to match new ICE vehicle prices.

Lots of new models coming out next year 2020 too by the PSA group & VW.

A few people on EV forums are complaining about the range of this MG saying it should be 200+ miles in this day & age but for my needs 163 (I think) would be no problem and I'd only need to charge it once a week.

I'm going to go and have a shuffty at my nearest MG dealer when they arrive in the showrooms in September for a closer look for future reference.It would be nice to have an MG sat on the drive.

I've only seen the petrol version of this MG ZS from a distant and I cant make up my mind whether it would be too big for our needs or not

This Kia Niro hybrid CUV I have is the perfect size and not too big. great for getting in & out of with my dodgy back
I know what you mean Ian, we have grown fond of our medium size Dacia Stepway mini SUV type vehicle, its the perfect size. Its little 900cc turbo charged engine is something else, it drives like a two litre.

When we had the Nissan Qashqai for two weeks as a courtesy car, we found it to be on the large size, it was horrible to drive. The proportions are all wrong, the length of the vehicle doesn't suit the height. The Qashqai is extremely long, but is low like a large estate car. The MG GS and ZS seem to be in proportion, but I reckon we may still find the size unnecessarily large for what we want.

We shall wait and see what unfolds over the next 12/24 months, see what Dacia has to offer, but it would be nice to have a new MG badge sat on the drive.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote