View Single Post
Old 7th June 2019, 07:30   #4
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Cheap parts are one reason they don't last. I have a theory as well that engine mounts sagging also increases wear on the drop links. Check your engine mounts are good especially the top offside mount for collapse. This puts the engine lower than it should be placing the drive shafts at a different angle, maybe this is putting pressure on the drop link joints that they shouldn't have. when I changed mine it improved (a bit) the bang as you go over road humps (mines the diesel = heavy engine). Our 1.8 takes the road humps much better. Mine has failed twice on drop links the last two years - but due to the rubber boots perishing at the bottom of the link.

*N.B - The 1.8 has also failed on drop links in the past, but they do last a lot longer than on the cdt.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote