View Single Post
Old 25th November 2019, 15:10   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPACA View Post
Have owned Roxyfor ten years now, and a couple of years ago my wife took her over after my dad (WUZERK here on the forum)passed away, leaving me his identical 75 Connie SE, Bluebelle.

My Wife loves Roxy and both cars are naturally very sentimental as dad did so much work on them both. Anyway, she was rear ended on the commute home a couple of nights ago, ironically by car containing a work colleague who's girlfriend was driving. I knew Roxy would be written off, and today had confirmation. A grand in valuation less an excess of 300 quid. Parkers say 385 private and 975 dealer, so it seems fair to me.

So once they give us a buy back price, we will try and find a body shop who will do the work. Needs a complete new rear bumper and spraying to HFF green, possibly one or more reversing sensors, the fittings and the rear lower wing pulled out, smoothed and resprayed. I know a new primer'd bumper can be sourced from Rimmer Bros for 285.00, so thats a start.

Always paid top price for insurance, but I still can't help but think it's so unfair, through no fault of my wife's we will now be without her car for a while, and severely out of pocket once we've had the work done. Will have to pay for hire car as it won't come under insurance, nor did the wife get a hire car as the assessors said they could not supply an automatic and wrote the car off on the photographs I sent them. I guess it all comes down to the joys of motoring.. Positives are, my wife wasn't hurt at all, and there's a damn good chance the old girl will be back on the road soon.... .. Roxy that is, not the wife
sorry to hear of the incident but glad your wife is ok even if a little shaken

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote