View Single Post
Old 18th November 2021, 07:46   #7
Torqueofthedevil
Avid contributor

Wedgwood Blue 75 Connoisseur saloon, Duotone 75 Connoisseur saloon. Former ZT190 and ZT260 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
why on earth have we got foreign workers turning up to work at East Anglian turkey factories? Are "you" telling me we don't have unemployed people here in the UK that are fit to work? Are they sick, lame or lazy?

This is where the "dole" system is so wrong. Take a job or go hungry! If the pay is so poor, then and only then should "dole" be topping it up but then that brings up the poor pay. "Dole" should not be more then minimum wage.

It is a shame the article does not question why the unemployed are not taking the jobs.

Fresh turkeys are very expensive compared to frozen.

Dont get me wrong, my post is not a rant at the foreigners, good luck to them, it is however a rant at those already in the UK and taking handouts and not taking a job.

macafee2
Nail, head, go! Unfortunately, there are some jobs which appear to be 'beneath' a lot of British people - care work, meat processing, fruit picking etc. And don't get me started on HGV drivers - dumbing down the test to get more people through is just madness! Typical short-term bodge by politicians who won't be around to see the erosion of standards
Torqueofthedevil is offline   Reply With Quote