View Single Post
Old 28th January 2020, 19:13   #9
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Yes they ( EU and big business) bring in new legislation and so many things cannot be shared, then hit the punters with higher costs because it weights 2 tonnes when 1 tonnes of car would have done 5 years ago.

The fiat 500, the Mini bulk hulk etc etc... these cars are huge.. I drive Rover 75 Tourer in its day was big car then, today it looks like a Austin Montego saloon size.. as cars get bigger and bigger and then we are hit with costs from governmental departments and EU legislation... the mind boggles.

Electric cars not attractive to me and after 5 years of use and charge up they will end up like the mobile phones today... zero operational times drain down in 3 minutes. its alright being brand new they can do 150 miles after years 2 down to 75 miles all done.

I agree with the article, from the lady no way its all being electric by 2040 no way................. and the second hand market would fall out the floor and thats jobs and services and garages and etc etc parts for petrol /diesel engines... these are huge job losses in a short time and above all else theres no proof that battery cars will cut long term.. that point i did agree with

batteries are not much better than in the past two years ago as some manufacturers have been found out the mileage claims are well off.
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote