View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2019, 14:56   #6
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
You may want to do a bit more investigation before forking out for another switch. My ZT 180 Auto suffers the same problem and I thought it must be the switch. Bought another one from a breaker for £70 (!) and had it fitted but it made no difference. OK, the second one might have been faulty, but seemed an unlikely coincidence. My investigations at the time seemed to show that they weren't available new anywhere, so I gave up and just take care about gear position when starting. It is annoying, though, and I'd love someone to be able to isolate exactly where the problem is.
Exactly my thoughts. Cheapest i found is £49. For that money i want to know its going to fix the problem. I would like to know how it works when it is clearly sending out a signal to the instrument panel correctly. Must be another signal that doesnt show somewhere that does the “inhibit” function.

It would be good to get hold of another one to open up and find out how it works. Maybe mine can be cleaned or repaired somehow.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote