Thread: Decision time
View Single Post
Old 29th October 2018, 19:22   #7
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
On the way back from a job this evening, the ZT made an awful clatter coupled with roughness fed back through the clutch pedal.

I'm now in two minds as to how to proceed.

This is the position.

The car has roughly eight weeks MOT remaining, all four tyres are due for replacement, it will most likely need upper rear arms, a couple of brake pipes and a pair of discs on the front.

So given that I've never particularly liked this car in comparison to my previous ZT, is now the time to pull it apart and save the nice bits for something else, or do I pull the box and confirm if the DMF has bought the farm

It has full sports leather memory seats without rips or damage, and everything else works as to be expected, apart from the rear blind, which sometimes sticks.

This car owes me nothing, but I feel no real affinity for the car, despite it being my daily for over four years.

I really am torn on this one.

Brian
The thing is, to be honest you are the expert with these machines and although sometimes the heart rules the head it looks like the head is taking over with this one, if you have no particular attachment with this one and it has lots of good parts in it why no donate or transfer the good bits in to a good car, but as I said you are the expert and it is your car
maxi_crawf is offline   Reply With Quote