View Single Post
Old 5th September 2019, 09:22   #8
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by grivas View Post
Glad you are pleased with the car, I am assuming it is an XJ50, not my choice to be honest, hope it proves as reliable as the Rover, I fear it will not, and then the costs of putting things right will be crippling, in my opinion a 5-Series BMW does everything much better, a different league really, that would be my choice, but enjoy the car nevertheless.
I do hope I do not come across as negative but despite of all the hype, Jaguar do not make cars that are of the quality and reliability of the German brands, and the costs of ownership mean I will never buy one.
Grivas, thanks for the advice, however if you remember all the doomsayers at the time about Rover EG poor quality and rubbish i would never have bought one, well 312000 miles later the Rover is still here and never once broke down not once i feel that the Jaguar question is that "German is NOT always best" especially now they are mostly built outside Germany it's not the same and I believe a model that is close to 10 years old in shape design has had the little issues knocked out of it the later ones of a model are nearly always the best in reliability as the manufacturer has sorted it by then.

As I say the British brands abroad do not get the bashing as they do here in GB which is a shame, i will keep you posted on the XJ now just on 104 miles on the clock though, so we can have a running test of the cars reliability going forward. The BMW i find is a very good myth, friend of mine at work bought a new BMW three times he changed it, and three changes later, give up on BMWs due to tech issues, now drives Vauxhall the best thing he ever did he says.

The Germans are great a marketing, hence there standing. substance is another matter.......not so good. I once spoke to a director at Longbridge when BMW owned Rover 1999 he said to me and he said don't repeat this as i will deny it, he said " which of the two brand BMW or Rover get more recalls" I fell for it I said Rover, he said no out of every one thousand Rovers 27 get to come back, out of one thousand BMWs 38 cars get to come back! his words not mine.. he said BMW are great at keeping it quite where clarkson and co are vocal about Rover etc etc the rest is history. TRUE STORY

Last edited by Olde faithful; 5th September 2019 at 09:26..
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote