View Single Post
Old 20th December 2018, 12:32   #30
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogodon View Post
Done a lot of motorway and dual carridgway miles this week ( M1, M25, M4 and A45 ).

SWMBO says I'm starting to suffer from GOMS (grumpy old man syndrome) as I expressed my irritation (frequently according to her) of drivers at junctions, who just before the exit slip road who are in the outside lanes, intead of dropping in behind you and exiting, decide to put their foot down, overtake you and then "swoop" across your lane, frequently cutting you up, and exiting at the last second before they miss the junction.

Also in heavy traffic and roadworks those who weave between lanes over and undertaking.

Also frequently seem to be executive type cars with a 3 or 4 letter brand name.

Rant over
No you are not alone to have noticed this, so worry not, this is now so common on our motorways it almost goes unnoticed, these are the 'company ' car drivers in B**s and A***, of the ' go get them' variety, no consideration, always in a hurry, and using the phrase ' going forward' in conversation, a great deal. I always ignore them, and let them go and stay clear if at all possible, not worth the trouble at all.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote